The Oregon Hospital Green Chef Challenge is a sustainable food education and promotion event highlighting the efforts hospitals make to improve the health and sustainability of their food service.
The goals of the event are to:
- To inform hospital food service staff about the sustainability initiatives other hospital food service departments in the region are working on
- Raise awareness in the general public about hospitals’ efforts to improve the health and sustainability of their food
- Highlight the impact hospitals can have on regional farm economies
- Connect hospitals with regional, sustainable vendors/producers
- Inspire hospitals and their employees to continue their sustainability work
The event would not be possible without the support and effort made by participating hospitals and volunteers.
Learn more about the 2011 Oregon Hospital Green Chef Challenge by viewing the 2011 Challenge page and watching our new video: